About B.Sc(HHA) Program
The Bachelor of Science program in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is offered jointly by the National Council for Hotel Management and the Indira Gandhi National Open University. The Three-Year (Six Semester) course equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality sector. The program involves in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire required knowledge and skill standards in the operational areas of Food Production, Food & Beverage Service, Front Office Operation and House Keeping. It also provides managerial inputs in Hotel Accountancy, Food Safety & Quality, Human Resource Management, Facility Planning, Financial Management, Strategic Management, Tourism Marketing and Management. The B.Sc.HHA program (Generic & Vegetarian) is available along with the Vegetarian candidates in all the affiliated Institute of Hotel Management but only vegetarian practical option is available for vegetarian candidates. However, other theory classes will be at par with the other students.
About M.Sc(HA) Program
The M.Sc. Program launched by NCHMCT in collaboration with IGNOU has specific focus on the services sector as against majority of MBA programs which concentrate on merchandise and manufacturing businesses. Experimental components such as team project, mentorship under the guidance of industry specialists positions the M.Sc. scholar current with entire spectrum of hospitality and service industry.
The Program is designed to provide
- Opportunity for Post Graduate studies to Degree holders in Hospitality/Hotel Management/Hotel Administration, who are keen to enhance their knowledge base and eye for opportunities of work in industry besides faculty positions in Hotel Management and Tourism Management Institutes. Those who have qualified through earlier programs have been placed in industry both in India and abroad in the area of training, sales and marketing and in human resource management
- Avenue for in-service sponsored candidates from industry who wish to pursue higher studies in the field. Such in-service candidates can work their way to shoulder managerial responsibilities in their area of specialization
- Opportunity for the faculty from recognized Hospitality/Hotel Management and Tourism Institutes for enhancement of professional qualification towards advancement in teaching careers.
Carreer Opportunities for Hospitality Program
Global growth and development of tourism have opened up innumerable openings. As a result, the graduating students can look forward to career opportunities as
- Management Trainee in Hotel and allied hospitality industry
- Kitchen Management/Housekeeping Management positions in Hotels after initial stint as trainee
- Flight Kitchens and on-board flight services
- Indian Navy Hospitality services
- Guest/Customer Relation Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors
- Management Trainee/Executive in international and national fast food chains
- Hospital and Institutional Catering
- Faculty in Hotel Management/Food Craft Institutes
- Marketing/Sales Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors
- Railway Hospitality and Catering Services
- State Tourism Development Corporations
- Shipping and Cruise lines
- Resort Management
- Self-employment through entrepreneurship and Multinational companies for their hospitality services