Counselling and Admission Process
There will be 3 rounds of Counselling in the year 2014. First two rounds will be
web based counselling and last (third) round will be spot round (physical appearance
is essential before seat allotment at the designated Admission Centres) of counselling.
1.0 Work Flow for NCHM Counselling 2014
1.2 Online Registration for 1st and 2nd Round of counselling:
- Online Registration is mandatory for all eligible candidates to be considered for
seat allotment in the 1st and 2nd round of counselling. Eligible candidates are
required to register ONLINE through Internet (http://www.nchmcounselling.nic.in)
from places convenient to them during the prescribed period. The procedure to be
followed is described here.
- Access the website www.nchmcounselling.nic.in and click on
“Online Registration and Choice Filling”.
- Register as a new candidate by clicking on “New candidate!! Register here”
link. Read the instructions given on the screen and click on “Register”.
- Register by entering the information (as indicated in the JEE result) against the
- Roll number
- Application number
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Candidates will be permitted to proceed with the registration process, only if these
data entered by them match the data as available with the JEE-2014 database of NCHMCT.
The candidates will be required to choose password and security question and their
- The password must consist of minimum EIGHT characters & maximum 13 characters
and must be a combination of alphabets (lower or upper case), numeric characters
and special characters. (Passwords are case sensitive. That means ‘A’ and ‘a’ will
be treated as different characters. An example of a valid password is: aBC1#23$)
- For subsequent logins, candidates will be able to login directly with their respective
Roll Number as Login ID and the chosen password as Password. Candidates should remember
to log out at the end of their session so that the choices saved cannot be tampered
with or modified by unauthorized persons. Candidates are advised to record/remember
their password for all future logins.
- Candidates are advised not to disclose or share their password with anybody.
Neither NCHMCT nor NIC is responsible for violation or misuse of the password of
- If a candidate forgets his/her password, the additional information (Security Question
and Answer) provided by the candidate at the time of registration will be used to
issue a new password. Hence, it is mandatory for every candidate to enter the required
additional information as indicated in the registration form at the time of registration.
- Candidates can change their passwords after login, if desired.
- After login, the personal data of the candidates (as per the JEE result data base)
will be automatically displayed on the screen. Candidates must verify their personal
data. In case of any discrepancy, candidate will be allowed only once to correct
the data in respect of category, PD, KM and Gender in the following ways:
- Category can be updated from (SC/ST/OBC-NCL) to General but vice versa is not allowed.
- Sub Category (Person with Disabled) can be changed from Yes to No, but vice versa
is not allowed.
- Kashmiri Migrants (KM) can be changed from Yes to No, but vice versa is not allowed.
- Change of gender is permitted.
- Changes in the following fields are not permissible under any circumstances
- Candidate’s name
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- Date of birth
- It is solely the responsibility of the candidates to verify that their personal
data, including category, PD, KM status, gender etc. are consistent with documentary
evidence. NCHMCT or NIC is not responsible for any omissions in the details and
its consequences thereafter.
- If the personal data submitted / entered by a candidate is found to be wrong
at the time of verification of certificates either during reporting or at any later
stage, the allotment of seat/provisional admission is liable to be cancelled.
- Once these personal data are verified and submitted, candidates will not be allowed
to change the personal data under any circumstances.
1.3 Online Choice filling for 1st round of counselling:
- At this stage, all the registered candidates are required to exercise their choices
of institutes in order of their preference. The procedure is detailed here.
- The procedure for exercising choices and seeking pertinent information is guided
through appropriate messages and tabs on the computer screen.
- As per the eligibility of the candidate, available seat information relating to
institutions, will be displayed.
- Candidates can fill in as many numbers of choices in the order of preference from
the list of available seats.
- Candidates are permitted, if they so desire, to change or re-order their choices,
delete earlier choices and add new choices any number of times until they lock their
final choices. Choices should be positively locked before 5.00 PM of Last Date.
1.4 MOCK Counselling
Based on the number of registered candidates who have submitted their choices at
any given time, the system will be able to provide an idea of the seats that candidates
may be offered. This indicative seat availability ('mock counselling') is to help
the candidates to finalize the most appropriate choice of institution for their
The indicative seat availability will be displayed at regular intervals during
the specified period as per counselling schedule on the website. Candidates
are advised to visit the NCHMCT website regularly for this purpose.
All candidates are strongly advised to register and fill their choices during the
above period so that they get to know which seats are likely to be available to
The final allotment of seat in the allotment rounds may be different from the
indicative seat availability. Hence candidates are advised to fill choices carefully.
1.5 LOCKING of Choices
Candidates MUST lock their choices only after they have finalized them but, in any
case, before 5.00 PM of Last Date. The locking of choices involves a few steps
after the LOCK button is clicked. This includes entering the password, confirming
the locking, etc. Candidate should follow all the steps carefully to complete the
After the choices are locked, candidates will not be able to change their choices
any further. A printable version of the choices along with the terms and conditions
agreed by the candidate at the time of registration is displayed once the choices
are locked. Candidates must take a printout (hard copy) of the locked choices, (which
also contains terms and conditions) sign it and produce it at the time of reporting
to the Admission Center.
If candidates fail to explicitly lock their choices by 5.00 PM
of Last Date, their last saved choices will be automatically locked
after this deadline. Candidates are therefore strongly advised to lock their choices
themselves and secure a printout of these locked choices. Registered candidates
who do not exercise any choices or fail to save them will not be considered for
admission and seat allotment. Candidates can login again after locking the choices;
the locked choices will be displayed but cannot now be modified or altered.
1.6 First round of Seat Allotment
The choices finally submitted and locked by the candidates or system locked in this
round would be processed centrally and seats are allotted in the order of merit
as per AIR and also on the basis of applicable reservation criteria. The allotment
result would be published on the counselling website. There is no provision of sending
Individual allotment letters to the candidates by post. However,
candidates may take a printout of the allotment details from NCHM counselling website.
Candidates who are allotted seats will have to personally report to any one of the
1.7 Reporting at Admission Centers:
- Candidates who got seat allotments are required to report to the Admission Centers,
for taking provisional admission during specified period. Candidates, who could
not report within the stipulated period to the Admission Center on allotment, their
allotted seat would be cancelled and they would not be considered for seat allotment
in the 2nd round of counselling. However such Candidates will
be eligible for SPOT Round. The seats thus falling
vacant would be considered for allotment in the subsequent rounds.
- All successful candidates are required to report to given Admission Centre or may
report to any one of the Admission Centre and produce all the relevant certificates
in original for verification and a signed printout of locked choices and also bring
a single Demand Draft of Rs. 44250/- at the time of reporting.
The demand draft should be drawn in favor of “NCHMCT”, payable
at Noida or Delhi.
- Further, candidates are required to exercise option for the upgradation in the 2nd
round of the Counselling. These candidates are also required to sign a declaration
that in the event of allotment of a new seat in the 2nd round, their earlier allotted
seat would be automatically cancelled and the cancelled seat would be offered to
the candidate next in the merit who might have sought that seat through his/her
earlier submitted choices.
- In case the candidates have exercised option in the negative (for no-upgradation),
they would retain earlier allotted seat and would not be considered for seat allotment
in the 2nd round of Counselling. However such candidates will be considered for
category updation against the same allotted seat.
- A Provisional Admission Letter, containing, seat allotment details
of Institute, personal data of candidate, fee paid and willingness option exercised
for upgradation (Yes/No), will be issued to the candidates at the Admission Center.
1.8 2nd Round of Counselling Process:
- No fresh registrations would be allowed in the 2nd round of counselling. Only the
candidates who have registered in the 1st round will be eligible in this round of
- Eligible (as indicated below) candidates could be allowed to modify their earlier
submitted choices, if they desire. Otherwise earlier submitted choices would be
considered for seat allotment automatically by the system.
- Candidates’ Eligibility for 2nd round:
- Group–I: Registered candidates who are not allotted any seat in
the first round of seat allotment. These candidates are permitted to change their
earlier submitted choices through internet. In case of candidates, who are not submitting
fresh choices, their choices submitted during the first round of counseling would
be considered for seat allotment.
- Group–II: Candidates who have been allotted a seat in the first
round of counselling and on reporting their allotted seat has been cancelled due
to non-fulfillment of eligibility criteria. Such candidates are eligible for fresh
choice submission through Internet. In case, candidates, who could not submit fresh
choices, their choices submitted during the first round of counseling would be considered
for seat allotment as per the actual category.
- Group–III: Candidates who have been allotted a seat in the first
round of counselling and reported at the Admission centre and completed formalities
of admission, and also submitted willingness for upgradation in affirmity. These
candidates can modify their choices through internet or their earlier submitted
choices would be considered for upgradation automatically by the system during the
second round of allotment.
- Group–IV: Candidates who have been allotted a seat in the first
round of counselling and reported at the Admission centre and completed formalities
of admission, and also submitted willingness for upgradation in negative, these
candidates would not be allowed to submit fresh choices and their earlier allotted
seat would be retained.
Rules of Choice filling for Group-III candidates in the 2nd round of counselling.
- If Group-III candidates not visited during the specified period for choice modification
for 2nd round then their earlier choices submitted in 1st Round will be considered
for upgradation in 2nd round.
- If Group-III candidates visited during the specified period for choice modification
for 2nd round then it is mandatory for these candidates to have previous allotted
institute as one of the filled choices at any position in the 2nd round. Failing
which, system will not allow to Save or Lock the
modified choices and following message will be shown to the candidates
“Caution: You have to fill your previous allotted choice (Name of the previous Allotted
Institute will be displayed). Without filling this choice, you are not able to Save/Lock
choices. 2nd Round of Allotment is purely based on the order of fresh choices submitted
in 2nd round and failing which your 1st round choices will be considered for upgradation
in 2nd round."
- The choices that will be submitted by these candidates (belonging to whichever group)
will be processed centrally and the seat allotment result for 2nd round would be
made available on the website.
- Candidates of Group – I & II, who get a seat allotment in this
round are required to report to an Admission Center for provisional admission during
the specified period failing which their allotted seat would stand automatically
cancelled. However such candidate will be eligible for SPOT
round of counselling. The reporting procedure at the Admission Center
for provisional admission will be same as explained in 1st round of reporting.
- Candidates of Group – III, may get a seat of higher preferred choice
or their previously allotted seat is retained. Such candidates are not required
to report for admission at Admission Centre.
- Candidates of Group – IV, their previously allotted seat shall
remain unchanged. Such candidates are not required to report any admission centre.
1.9 SPOT (3rd ) Round of Counselling Process
Who are eligible?
All eligible candidates (including absentees of the main counselling, not reported
in 1st & 2nd round, cancelled, withdrawn, etc.) are Eligible for SPOT round of counselling.
Outline of the Spot round of Counselling Process:
- SPOT round of counselling will be held at all the Admission Centers.
- All eligible candidates, if they desire to participate in SPOT Round should report
to the any of the Admission Centre on specific day in person.
- Online Registration and Choice Filling is mandatory in order to participate in SPOT
round even for those candidates who have already registered and submitted choices
in the previous rounds. Earlier registration and filled choices now becomes
null and void.
- Candidates must get valid single DD for Rs. 44250/- in favour of “NCHMCT”,
payable at Noida OR Delhi.
Those candidates who have deposited fee earlier and not withdrawn are not required
to bring new DD.
Detailed steps for Spot round of counselling
- Step 1: Online document verification-cum-registration and only
entry of Demand Draft by admission centre officials. Those
candidates who have deposited fee earlier and not withdrawn are not required to
bring new DD.
- Step2: Online Choice submission by candidates after registration
from the Admission Centre premises only. For all provisionally admitted candidates,
if they desired to participate in the SPOT round then during choice filling for
SPOT round it is mandatory for these candidates to have previous allotted institute
as one of the filled choices at any position in the SPOT round of choices. During choice submission, all the choices will be shown to the
candidate irrespective whether seat is available or not because during processing
few virtual vacancy may arise.
- Step3: Locking of choices: During Locking, candidate as well as
Admission Centre official are required to enter the Password. After Locking, a single
printout comprising of document verification status, DD details and locked choices
details will be generated and this is to be signed by candidate and also signed
by admission centre official.
- Step4: Finally locked choices of all candidates will be processed
centrally at the end of registration and result of spot round will be published
on the website as per counselling schedule.
- Step5: Candidate who gets allotment of seat in the Spot Round should
get admitted to the Allotted Institute as per given schedule. After allotment of
seat if he/she fails to report to the allotted Institute, 50% of first semester
fee plus caution money shall be refunded if applied for it to NCHMCT in writing.
If no seat is allotted in the spot round full fee except the counseling fee of Rs.1000/
shall be refunded within 45 days.
Seat Conversion Rule in SPOT Round
- Allotment of seats to all registered candidates as per merit
- Convert OBC(PD) à Open(PD) and re-allotment
- Then conversion of PD seats into respective parent category i.e.
- Open(PD) --> Open
- SC(PD) --> SC
- ST(PD) --> ST and re-allotment
- Then conversion of OBC à Open and re-allotment
- After doing the all types of conversions (as above said), If there is any vacant
seats available in OBC(PD), Open(PD), SC(PD), ST(PD) and OBC categories then conversion
rule will followed again. And this process will be followed until the seats in OBC(PD),
Open(PD), SC(PD), ST(PD) and OBC categories become ‘0’.
- There is no conversion of SC & ST seats.
1.10 Physical Reporting at Allotted Institute after Spot round by All candidates
who have allotted a seat either in 1st /2nd /3rd rounds
- All candidates who have taken provisional admission in round 1, 2 or SPOT Round
of seat allotments, will have to report finally at the Allotted Institution as per
- At the time of Physical Reporting all the candidate are required to submit their
preference against the Hostel requirement.
- All Participating Institutions must update online reporting status to NIC for Hostel
to be allotted.
1.11 Hostel Allotment
- Hostel will be allotted centrally purely based on AIR after 3rd round of counselling
and only for those candidate who have physically reported at the allotted institute
and submitted hostel required as ‘Yes’.
10.12 Withdrawal of Allotted Seats and Refund Rule
- A candidate can Withdraw after due admission, required to report at same Admission
Centre where initial reporting was done and requires to give a declaration as per
the predefined format.
- The fee shall be refunded through Demand Draft by NCHMCT within a period of 45 days
from the date of Commencement of Academic Session.
Dates of withdrawal of seat for refund of full fee except Counselling Fee at ACs
After 1st and 2nd round of Counselling
17th to 23rd June-2014 (except 22nd June 2014)
30thJune to 5th July-2014
- After allotment of seat in 1st, 2nd or Spot Round of Counselling, if a candidate
failed to report at the allotted institute shall be considered for refund of 50%
of fee plus Caution Money on submission of an application to NCHMCT, Noida.
- In case candidate reports physically but did not attend any class will be entitled
to 50% refund on claim from the admitted institute within 45 days from the commencement
- Candidate once attended any class at the allotted institute shall not be eligible
for refund of fee except the Caution Money from the allotted institute.
- If no seat could be allotted at SPOT round, fee of Rs.43250/- shall be refunded
retaining Counseling fee of Rs.1000/- only.